These are amazing!! Super easy to make, filled with nutrients, lower in sugar + my kids devour them!!!
1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
1/3 cup oats
1/3 cup unrefined coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup (prefer 100% pure maple syrup!…but sometimes you have to work with what you have)
2 tablespoons of chocolate plant-based protein powder
Dark chocolate chips – about a handful or 2!
Loving these ingredients for their nutritional value!
Chickpeas: fiber & protein to help keep you full and aid in digestion, plus weight management.
Coconut Oil: get those healthy fats!! Reduce your hunger, boost your good cholesterol, aids with digestion & boosts energy!
Oats: filled with fiber, helps blood sugar control, prevent heat disease, & helps keep you full.
Plant-Based Chocolate Protein Powder: use what you have! I always opt for plant-based (pea protein) easier to digest then whey protein!! Plus more fiber! Try to stay away from soy-based proteins. And ALWAYS read the ingredients list. You don’t need added fillers, fake sugars, or basically crap! Fill your body with good stuff !!
100% Pure Maple Syrup: natural sweetener & high in antioxidants. Unfortunately I was all out of my Pure Maple Syrup …#momlife …so I improvised, which I do a lot! And it’s OK to substitute and try new things when in a pinch!
Dark Chocolate Chips: Sweet tooth fix! Everything in moderation is ok! I’m big on not depriving yourself. Plus this recipe needs them or it won’t taste good! Opt for dark chocolate for more antioxidants!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend all ingredients together plus 1 handful of chocolate chips in a food processor (must be a food processor- mixing by hand or a blender will not get the best consistency!) Food Processor is needed for best tasting.
3. After all blended I add in another handful of chocolate chips and pulse a few times.
3. Spread mixture into loaf pan. I always spray pan with olive oil spray first.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
6. Cut into bite size pieces. Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer.
Enjoy your sweet & nutritious treat!